Quick academic help
Don't let the stress of school get you down! Have your essay written by a professional writer before the deadline arrives.
Appeal Letter For College Readmission Example | …
How to Write an Effective University Appeal Essay | The Classroom Every semester, college appeals committees review letters from students who might need to know soon, for purposes of applying for financial aid, for example.
Letter of appeal for readmission to college Free Letter of Appeal essay example on Letter of appeal for readmission to college.
appeal letter for college readmission ..
Example of a College Application essay on Personal about: readmission College Application Essay Examples: free Samples Free Examples of College Application essays.
1. The statement of the 3 witnesses for the Book of Mormon was a single statement signed by all three men. The statement of the 8 witnesses was also a single statement "signed" by all 8 men (Oliver Cowdery actually "signed" each of the eight witnesses' names). This has the appearance of fraud. By contrast, the Conneaut witnesses' statements were individually produced, dated and witnessed by Hurlbut and Howe.
2. The eight Conneaut witnesses signed affidavits that are quite different in content (contrary to Fawn Brodie's incorrect analysis). Their memories were not vague recollections made after reading the Book of Mormon. Spalding read his manuscript to them for entertainment, in a time before television, radio, or newspapers. They were thus reporting on actual events from memory witnessed with the physical senses, not "spiritual eyes". They lived in the vicinity of Spalding from 1809 to 1812, and personally knew him. One way to crosscheck memory accuracy is to seek corroborating evidence regarding the witnesses themselves – their reputations, attention to detail, memory skills, biases, and trustworthiness. Many were leading citizens of the community. One was John Spalding, Solomon's brother, who reportedly heard Manuscript Found repeatedly and in its entirety. Artemus Cunningham was owed money by Spalding. Another was Henry Lake, Solomon's business partner. Yet another, Aaron Wright, was a Justice of the Peace who investigated the mounds of Conneaut and described finding bones in the mounds that disintegrated when he dug them up. These were credible people, with no known conflicts of interest. These people had no connection to Mormonism either before or after their statements were published. They didn't retract or modify what was quoted in "Mormonism Unvailed".
3. Hurlbut went to Conneaut to collect statements because of previous allegations. Those allegations were made when Orson Hyde and Samuel Smith visited Conneaut and read from the Book of Mormon. Nehemiah King, a respected citizen of Conneaut, said they were reading from the book of his deceased friend Solomon. Later, Hurlbut traveled hundreds of miles searching for the Spalding manuscript. This indicates that he thought the Spalding manuscript was authentic.
4. Statements opposing the Conneaut witness statements were made at least a decade after the Conneaut witnesses gave their statements. This is important because the Conneaut witness statements were not attacked at the time their evidence was published. These people lived only 40 miles from Kirtland. Why didn't the Church point out faults in their statements at the time?
5. Eber Howe traveled to Conneaut to interview the witnesses and confirm the facts before he printed their statements.
6. Howe was friendly with Joseph Smith, had dinner at Joseph Smith's house after "Mormonism Unvailed" was published, and was married to a Mormon. "Mormonism Unvailed" is widely respected and widely quoted by both Mormon scholars and non-Mormon scholars. In it, Howe acknowledged that the Spalding manuscript he received from Hurlbut (the Oberlin Manuscript also called Manuscript Story) was not Manuscript Found, and he connects Rigdon to Spalding (more on that later). Howe later said he didn't know what happened to the Spalding manuscript he received from Howe but assumed it was lost in a fire after he sold the print shop. Later, the new print shop owner, L.L. Rice, found the manuscript among the texts shipped to Hawaii. These data do not indicate lying or bias on Howe's part.
7. The 8 Conneaut statements are the tip of the witness iceberg. At least 19 different witnesses linked Spalding to the Book of Mormon. Besides the eight published Conneaut witnesses, additional credible witnesses in Conneaut and in Amity, Pennsylvania, stated that they saw the actual Spalding manuscript, the one that identified Lehi and Nephi. The biggest problem with much of this evidence was the time period that elapsed between their encounters with Spalding's work and their statements. The earliest statements came 18-22 years after Spalding allegedly exposed them to his work; the latest came 74 years after the alleged encounter with Spalding. Old evidence is susceptible to memory fallibility, the possibility of witness tampering. The 8 Conneaut witnesses remembered events that transpired about 18-22 years before their statements were taken. To claim that the witnesses couldn't possibly remember the names or events after 18-22 years, is speculation. Most people remember many people's names and details after 18-22 years. I certainly do (even despite some memory problems).
Another way to crosscheck details of the testimony provided by the 8 Conneaut witnesses and later witnesses is to test the predictive power of their testimony. Based on their comments and Howe's analysis, we can expect to find a link between Spalding and Sidney Rigdon. A strong connection comes through the testimony of Rebecca Eichbaum. Eichbaum was the clerk in the Pittsburgh post office where Spalding and Rigdon collected their mail. Her testimony connects Spalding to Rigdon at the post office. It also connects Rigdon to printer Silas Engles and to J. Harrison Lambdin, the ward of Robert Patterson and eventual junior partner in the Patterson printing and book selling operation. But Eichbaum's testimony was not collected until September 18, 1872 - over 56 years after the alleged incidents! The reliability of her memory could certainly be a problem. Some form of independent confirmation is needed, and in her case, such a confirmation was possible. Several witnesses testified that Eichbaum had a superior memory and was superbly attentive to detail. But more impressive was the predictive power of her testimony: when researchers crosschecked her testimony by investigating post office records, they found the names of both Spalding and Rigdon on the same June 30, 1816, list of unclaimed letters. See:
8. One of the later witnesses for Manuscript Found was Hurlbut's lawyer, Jason Briggs, who wrote five letters to newspapers later in his life claiming that he had seen and handled Manuscript Found in December of 1833. This lawyer had a distinguished career unrelated to Mormonism. Another person was J.D. Dowan, the Justice of the Peace who signed the warrant against Hurlbut. Dowan also had no alleged interest against Mormonism. His statement says that Spalding's manuscript conformed specifically to the Book of Mormon. The statement is attested by his grandchild, and is kept in the Chicago Historical Society.
9. The recent text analyses of the Book of Mormon appear consistent with statements made by the Conneaut witnesses and other witnesses of Manuscript Found, but are inconsistent with statements made by the Book of Mormon witnesses. This is also evidence of the predictive power of the Spalding witnesses: our recent text analyses could have disproved the Spalding-Rigdon theory, but failed to do so.
sample appeal letter college readmission_Yaelp Search
This LST letter is usually accompanied by the law student’s petition or appeal for readmission to the law school, which should also include the student’s personal statement of intent to take proactive steps toward improving their grades. These letters are usually required for the petition or appeal process and they are usually addressed to the law school dean or academic standards committee. Some schools also require other statements from the student, including an explanation of any extenuating circumstances, which may have caused the student to perform poorly during law school. Students may obtain this information from their law school student handbook and from meetings with staff members at their law school.
Here are instructions and My Successful Letter of Appeal to UC Berkeley | The Huffington Post 25 Mar 2013 Personally, I hold Berkeley in the highest regards as far as colleges go; Yes, I write this letter as an appeal for my admissions decision for the Sample Appeal Letter for an Academic Dismissal from College If you've been dismissed from college for poor academic performance, chances are your college gives you an opportunity to appeal the decision.
Why choose our assistance?
As soon as we have completed your work, it will be proofread and given a thorough scan for plagiarism.
Our clients' personal information is kept confidential, so rest assured that no one will find out about our cooperation.
We write everything from scratch. You'll be sure to receive a plagiarism-free paper every time you place an order.
We will complete your paper on time, giving you total peace of mind with every assignment you entrust us with.
Want something changed in your paper? Request as many revisions as you want until you're completely satisfied with the outcome.
We're always here to help you solve any possible issue. Feel free to give us a call or write a message in chat.
college readmission letter essays
"What of the prophet's story about gold plates, and what about his witnesses? Given Brodie's assumptions, was there not deception here, if not collusion? Brodie maintains that the Prophet exercised some mysterious influence upon the witnesses which caused them to see the plates, thus making Joseph Smith once more the perpetrator of a religious fraud. The evidence is extremely contradictory in this area, but there is a possibility that the three witnesses saw the plates in vision only, for Stephen Burnett in a letter written in 1838, a few weeks after the event, described Martin Harris' testimony to this effect: 'When I came to hear Martin Harris state in public that he never saw the plates with his natural eyes only in vision or imagination, neither Oliver nor David . . . the last pedestal gave way, in my view our foundations.'"
How it works
You submit your order instructions
We assign an appropriate expert
The expert takes care of your task
We send it to you upon completion
Average quality score
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."